Friday 14 October 2011

NOTD: Katy Perry Candyfornia Inspired Nails

Hey bloggers!


I'm going to see the wonderful Katy Perry in concert this weekend and as Katy has always been so imaginative with her nail art I thought that I should do something a bit special in honour of her show. I bought some water decals with Katy Perry on them from ebay, but I ordered them a bit last minute so they still aren't here. I had a message from the seller saying that she's posted them so hopefully they will come tomorrow and I can put them on before the show, but if not I still love my nails at the moment so I thought that I had to share them with you guys. 



I mainly used Barry M nail paints for this look but I needed one more pastel, ice-creamy sort of colour and luckily I recently found my old pot of Mint choc chip by 17 Lasting Fix.
From left to right the shades are:


17 Lasting Fix in Mint Choc Chip
Barry M Nail Paint | 279 Bright Pink
Barry M Nail Paint | 306 Blueberry Ice Cream
Barry M Nail Paint | 307 Lemon Ice Cream
Barry M Nail Paint | 308 Berry Ice Cream

These are the nail decals that I have ordered. If they come I will probably just put them on my ring finger of both hands (is it still your ring finger on your right hand?) If they don't come I will probably just finished with a shiny top coat. Definitely check out the Ebay seller, she has so many cool designs and water decals are such a reasonably priced way to achieve salon looking results. They are a bit tricky to do at first but a bit of practice definitely pays off and I always get comments on my nails when I'm wearing them.

What are your weekend plans? Have a great one whatever you're up to! As Rihanna would say, here's to the frickin' weekend! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I have the blueberry ice cream barry m shade and berry ice cream, they are great summer colours, great post, great blog

    New follower from http://undercoverstylelover.blogspot.com We've just started an advice segment on our blog and we'd love you to get involved, submit your questions on our blog or on twitter @understylelove

    ReplyDelete