Sunday 4 September 2011

Nail Of The Day: Autumn Neutrals

I thought I'd post a quick nail look today as it's the beginning of September and if the rain in London today is anything to go by we've got a long winter coming. So instead of getting gloomy about the lack of sunshine, sandal opportunities and beer garden ciders I decided to do an loosely autumn inspired nail to get me in the mood for crisp autumn walks, new season knitwear and a new academic year! My best mate does this look on her nails all the time in rich purples and golds and it always looks fantastic but I thought I would give it an autumnal twist.

excuse the messy room!
This is the clearest picture I could get of the look, but here's a picture of my whole hand just to give you an idea of how it looks.
Not the clearest but my camera was in no mood to be messed with.
Get the look:
  • Apply one base coat of Rimmel 60 Seconds in 740 Clear.
  • Paint the entire nail in Max Factor Nailfinity in 214 Earth.
  • Use Barry M Nail Paint No. 129 to draw a diagonal line across your nail, then fill in the nail using vertical strokes from the edge of the line, up to the edge of your nail.
  • Finish with any top coat. I used Sally Hansen Mega Shine as I'd just got it today but any clear nail varnish will do the job.
I really like this style and the great thing is you can do it in any different colours depending on your mood, style and season. 

Hope you like it!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect for autumn, the colours remind me of the fallen leaves all over the playground as a kid :) perfect!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog, can't wait to read more of your posts xx

    Thank you so much for the comment on my blog :) xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete